It is a profound joy for me to work with clients who are open and ready to liberate themselves from limiting patterns and step into a life of greater authenticity. Successfully opening to a life path such as this requires courage and commitment. It also often requires the exponential leverage that comes from receiving steady professional guidance over time—offered by a mentor who brings seasoned skills, wisdom and genuine love to the transformational process.
After 35 years in private practice as a licensed psychotherapist—along with navigating my own challenging and blessed life journey—I’ve come to some core understandings about who we are as human beings. I have also gained essential keys about the process of mentoring personal transformation. Here’s what I have discovered:
- Each of us has a unique and natural Authentic Self, an eternal presence that longs to be known, breathed into, and lived from. My work centers around inspiring and empowering others to lead their lives from the truth and vibrancy of this deeper Self.
- Difficult and painful transitions in life are one of the ways our Authentic Self has of gaining our attention and inviting us into powerful seasons of change and new direction.
- We each carry a unique constellation of dreams we’re designed to manifest in this lifetime. Empowering ourselves to identify and take bold action towards them is both liberating and immensely rewarding.
- Self-compassion is intimately related to sourcing our creativity. As we dare to embrace those places inside that experience fear and suffering, we open to our authentic calling and inspired expressions.
My professional background and experience:
- A licensed marriage and family psychotherapist since 1983 with decades of experience facilitating transformational work with individuals, couples and entrepreneurial leaders. My specialty is supporting people in the midst of fertile life transition.
- Serving on faculty for 16 years at the University of Santa Monica in California from 1987-2002, co-facilitating the pioneering Masters Degree program in Spiritual Psychology.
- Designing and facilitating a number of transformational workshops, including:
- Authentic Self Leadership: Birthing the Next Season of Your Life’s Expression (11 months)
- Soul-Centered Parenting: Guiding Your Family from the Wisdom of the Heart (12 weeks)
- Turning Point: Discovering & Creating Your Life’s Work (4 days)
- My work with others is multi-dimensional, inclusive of the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual levels of consciousness.
On a more personal note, I’ve recently traversed a challenging yet liberating passage in my own life. After spending the majority of my years in Southern California and raising 3 beautiful children, I’m blessed to have relocated to the Pacific Northwest. I now live in a beautiful home overlooking the gorgeous Puget Sound on Bainbridge Island in Washington. I have a wide range of passions in life. Among my favorites is enjoying peaceful kayak outings on the Sound and nearby alpine lakes and regularly partaking of the healing presence and beauty of nature.