It is a profound joy to work with clients who are open and ready to liberate themselves from limiting patterns and step into a life of greater authenticity and fulfillment. Successfully opening to a life path such as this requires great courage and commitment. It also often requires the exponential leverage that comes from receiving steady professional guidance over time—offered by a mentor who brings seasoned skills, wisdom and genuine love to the transformational process.
After 35 years in private practice as a licensed psychotherapist—along with decades of navigating my own challenging and blessed life journey—here are some of the core discoveries I’ve made about the process of mentoring personal transformation:
- Each of us has a unique and natural Authentic Self, an eternal presence that longs to be known, breathed into, and lived from. My work centers around inspiring and empowering others to lead their lives from the truth, compassion, creativity and vibrancy of this deeper Self.
- Difficult and painful transitions in life are one of the ways our Authentic Self has of getting our attention, of inviting us into powerful seasons of change and new direction.
- Opening to the power of love is the gateway to our deepest levels of fulfillment—and to receiving the abundant blessings of Spirit.
- The hallmark of living a deeply authentic life is becoming more anchored in our divine energies while simultaneously allowing ourselves to experience the full range and depth of our humanness and vulnerability.
- We can learn to embrace our vulnerability, not as a weakness, but as an ally and entryway into our greater depths and wisdom.
- We each carry a unique constellation of dreams we’re designed to manifest in this lifetime—and empowering ourselves to identify and take bold action towards them is liberating.
- Building a heartfelt bond with our inner child nature brings forward a wealth of intuition, playfulness, and creativity which fuels expansive living. Facilitating the healthy development of this bond heals painful trauma from our past.
- Self-compassion is intimately related to sourcing our creativity. As we dare to tenderly embrace those places inside that experience fear and suffering, we open to the wellspring of our authentic calling & inspired expressions.
- Anchoring a pattern of genuinely loving ourselves allows us to generously serve others from overflow.
My professional background and experience:
- A licensed marriage & family psychotherapist with 35 years of experience facilitating transformational work with individuals, couples and entrepreneurial leaders. I’ve always specialized in supporting people in the midst of fertile life transition.
- My work with others is multi-dimensional, inclusive of the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual levels of consciousness.
- I served on faculty for 16 years at the University of Santa Monica in California from 1987-2002, co-facilitating their pioneering Masters Degree program in Spiritual Psychology.
- I’ve designed and facilitate a number of transformational workshops, including:
- Authentic Self Leadership: Birthing the Next Season of Your Life’s Expression (11 months)
- Soul-Centered Parenting: Guiding Your Family from the Wisdom of the Heart (12 weeks)
- Turning Point: Discovering & Creating Your Life’s Work (4 days)
On a more personal note, I’ve recently traversed a challenging yet liberating passage in my own life. After spending the majority of my years in Southern California and raising 3 beautiful children—Alaya, Johnny & Christian—I’m blessed to have relocated to the Pacific Northwest in 2016. I now live in a beautiful forest-surrounded home in Portland, Oregon with my new wife Johanna, my step-son Kalix, and our golden retriever, Ben. I have a wide range of passions in life. Among my favorites is enjoying peaceful canoe outings on nearby alpine lakes and exploring the glorious beauty and presence of nature that surrounds us.